Saturday, February 25, 2012

Inked

When I still had my Nude Singer Facebook page, I put out a poll question asking if people would prefer to see tattoos on me. As expected, I got mixed replies. With regards to the merit of this permanent form of (oft-ritualised) self-beautification that dates back to ancient times, the jury is still out. Some people think that I shouldn't taint flawless smooth skin with tattoos but some feel that it satiates almost a fetishistic part of their sexual fantasies.

Personally when it comes to permanent decisions that have little or no regret-room, I always proceed with utmost caution. This applies to major financial decisions, career moves and yes, whether or not to don an indelible coat of ink on my skin. And when I know I wouldn't be able to decide without taking an infinite amount of time, I resort to half-measures and temporary ones. They are not the real deal but I know I wouldn't be forced to co-exist with something I do not want.

With this in mind, I engaged a photographer who has an assistant who does body-painting. So in the studio we went after selecting the two designs I'd like to be photographed in. The first one was simple and all that was needed was to roll a bicycle tyre dipped in black paint all over me. Done and done. However the next one was far from easy. I had to withstand a four-hour long session of painstaking artwork with my skin as the canvas. But it was well worth the wait and all the effort because I think the result speaks for itself.

The first picture is my favourite but that is just me. The jury is still out on tattooing but why don't you be the judge on body-painting and tell me what you think?












8 comments:

dragion said...

Please don't. You look great just the way you are!

Kim said...

Haha. Thanks dragion. I won't. I think I will procrastinate till time reaches infinity so this will be as far as I will go. Thanks again for dropping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

far better without

Kim said...

I tend to agree with you.

I wonder who this "Anonymous" person is...

Joey Tarzia said...

i agree, no tattoos. unless, you put one on the inside of your bicep. that'd be hot :-) btw, any pics of your flexing your bicep in the near future? :-p

Kim said...

Wow. Inside of my biceps. That would be majorly painful. I think I will stick to body paint for now.

Flexing my biceps? Something like my Blogger profile picture? I will take your request into consideration. Hehe.

PS: Are you still going to Singapore for work Joey?

Joey Tarzia said...

yes, still planning on the trip to SG, no definite date set, though. I hope not to go any later than May. been a long time since I have been there :-)

Kim said...

Well, I will take 2 trips back to Singapore this year (the longer one being at the end of the year). We must definitely catch up if you are still there in December.