Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Musical journey (22)

Love is in the air. And it is the season when the cash-hungry retail industry spares nothing to woo your dollar, all in the name of love. Take this advertisement for example. It starts with telling you how cheap these two pieces of jewellery are (cheap-looking too) and then says "spoil her this Valentine's Day". What conflicting messages. Unless a cheapskate is trying to impress someone out looking for cheapskates, that commercial doesn't really make sense. Yes, it is the season again when lovers all over the world scratch their heads to think of an object that can disguise itself as love.

For me, I buck that trend with personalised self-made gifts even though not every recipient appreciates that like I do (I am talking about my past crushes and loves). I don't know if people in this age of apps and YouTube still do romance like the good old days writing poems and songs but I still do, and I know that I will never give that part of me up.

In this Valentine's Day edition of my musical journey, I express the same feelings I have in two languages with the same tune. I am quite proud of the fact that I can write songs in both English and Chinese but I am even more proud of the fact that this is the 5th Valentine's Day I am spending with my bibi. Somehow through music, even the mushiest words can come across as the sweetest things, or at least I hope that is how these two songs will be received.

And most importantly if you have love in your relationship, that warm hug and that tender kiss you give and get everyday as you leave for work and come home from the office is the pure distilled essence that no amount of flashy gifts or money can buy. I hope that all of you can feel that love today.

So without further ado, let me once again express this love with my music. I love you bibi. Happy Valentine's Day.


[献给你]

/ 词 / 曲 : 锦泉
/

忙碌的旋律
疲惫的身躯
就快走不下去
你让我靠着你
倾诉一点一滴
让我继续呼吸

从你的眼里
找到我自己
你怀里我栖息
你双臂的力气
手心里的暖意
让我在冬夜里也能身在夏季

真爱因你存在
一片纯净洁白
你胸膛我依赖
我伤痛你淹埋
我的心盛满你的爱

真爱为你永在
直到我俩双鬓斑白
没人能把你取代
值得我一生等待
献给你全部的爱

多亏你的忍耐
我有时耍的无赖
你真把我宠坏
歉意与谢意超载
回馈你悉心灌溉
我愿意为你赴滚汤蹈火海



[For You]

When my day is long
When all things go wrong
When I'm too weak to go on
You'll be there to care
With shoulders there to bear
My pain melts into air

With that gentle gaze
With that adoring face
And with that warm embrace
You'll never let me feel cold
Your hands are there for me to hold
You're the only one with the strength to touch my soul

Your love in my heart, I know
In your hug, let us grow old
Hold me close tonight, till darkness turns to light
Your arms make everything right

With what I can return
This gift of infinite worth
Baby you deserve, my all unreserved
I'm all for you, my love

Sometimes I make you mad
But you forgive and forget
And then you smile right back
I want to give more than thanks
I want to do more than that
'Cos your love makes me want to be a better man




No comments: