Saturday, April 21, 2012

As good as it gets (part 1)

Have you ever wondered what happens in a photo shoot, in particularly one that involves yours truly? If so, you are in luck as I will be posting two clips from my first video shoot of a photo shoot. Well let me explain. The online gay TV channel Inside Out had plans at that time to create filler clips featuring hot male models between shows. The concept was basically a behind-the-scenes look into a photo shoot with the final product being the video instead of the photos plus a feature of some swimwear and underwear brands. I had the intention to sign under a newly-created Sydney model agency then and this was my trial run to see if that was for me. The head of the now defunct agency was the one who picked me for the project.

In addition to it being a paid shoot (which is always a good thing), that was a truly novel experience for me as posing for a video was slightly different from posing for a picture. I was told to be as natural as possible and ignore the video camera (with the photo shoot as my focus) and occasionally follow directions to pause and pose specially for the video camera. I really want to do more of these. Perhaps the only unpleasant thing that day was the body oil that I had to use ie. canola cooking oil. The smell was mild yet persistent which bothered me somewhat and to this day I still cannot figure out why they did not choose to use a more conventional (and odourless) alternative. Other than that, I had a ball that arvo and you can most certainly get a feel of that playful fun in the clip.

Unfortunately since then, this Inside Out project has been shelved (or rather on semi-permanent hiatus) but I did get the clip and pictures which were the next best things. I thought I would make this month's musical journey post a little different by combining two passions of mine (my music and my photo shoots) into one single element. Mixing in the song I wrote as my Mardi Gras 2011 anthem, I created two music videos which I shall share in this and the next post. The pictures from the shoot will follow in other posts as well so watch out for them.

I think this clip is the closest I will ever get to a real personal music video featuring music that I have written and sung so I am very glad to be able to share this with all of you. In other words, if you want something that is all me, I think this is as good as it will ever get. All you have to do now is watch it!


No comments: