Thursday, January 31, 2013

Musical journey (31)

The last song I posted dealt with the theme of long-distance relationships, something that I am very familiar with. Seeing that there is still a potential that I will be working in Brisbane for a short-term project, I might very well be in that predicament. I hope that flood waters will not be a problem then!

Anyway this month’s musical journey was written when Ision and I were still in that phase where the ocean posed as a physical barrier. I like to describe being in Ision’s embrace as being home because it is just so comfortable to hug him. Although home at that time was in Singapore, that ability to be totally comfortable and at ease when I am with him simply meant that I have found somewhere new to belong, a new home.

Perhaps the greatest thing about song-writing is that you can capture all your emotions at the time of writing and freeze them in a neat little package to be savoured over and over again like a fine wine that never runs out. In my opinion, it is the perfect way to store one’s memories, be it good or bad ones and it does it way much better than a photograph. Of course, to be able to do that, you would have to write well both lyrically and musically. Have a listen to "Home" and tell me whether or not I have done a good job.


[Home]

In your eyes I see my future
In your soul my anchor
And my heart you've conquered
In your arms lies my world
And the strength for us to brave through stormy weather

When I fall you'll pick me up from the floor
And carry me on your shoulder
When I'm lost you'll take me back to your embrace
And I'll be home, take me home

I've been searching all my life
And now I've found my one and my all
To be with through gladness
For me to drown his sadness
Baby you're my happiness

I'm the moon, you're the sun
There's no way that I can shine
Without you by my side
When you kiss me, nothing else matters
'Cos I'll be home, take me home

I've been searching all my life
And now I've found my one and my all
Why do you love me so
I really want to know
But there's one more doubt that needs to go

Can you tell me where do you hide your wings and keep your halo

I've been searching all my life
And now I've found my one and my all
I want the world to know
How much I love you so
Baby you're where I call
My home


No comments: