Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Musical journey (55)

I have finally endured long enough to see the end of my third rotation in Papua New Guinea and boy do I miss civilisation, my boo and my upcoming trip back home to Singapore for Chinese New Year. I will not say too much about me missing my boo because I have written a song about it and all that I feel is in that song. The tune and words for the chorus came to me one morning as I was on the shuttle bus travelling from camp to site. I quickly recorded that down and finished the rest of the song on the flight back to Melbourne at the end of my previous rotation. Now it is ready to be heard by the world and of course by you-know-who.

Boo, I am coming home tonight!


[Paradise]

Through the mist way up high, I can see with sleepy eyes
A home away from home to which I've said goodbye
We call it paradise to speed up the time
Where cannibals still thrive amongst the feuding tribes

Never mind rain or shine, we push on a day at a time
The shit pile's getting higher for us to climb
Those darn lazy asswipes, I just can't get them all in line
My face is tired from smiling, still I have to try

Another day in paradise, the sun is just about to rise
Where you can almost touch the clouds getting in the light
As the mountains reach the sky

Another day in paradise, can't wait to leave this all behind
So I can see the smile in your eyes that you can't hide
With your arms opened wide, I'm coming home tonight

Gone for four weeks at a time, that's not what I had in mind
The things we all have to do to pay our bills on time
But when you're on the home-bound flight
Your love's waiting to hug you tight
Nothing else matters, you'll know the path you're on is right





PS: Looks like it's official. I am doing a good job in PNG indeed! Here are the positive comments I received from the Deputy Production Superintendent which I forwarded to all the relevant bosses, both Oil Search and WorleyParsons. This certainly ends my third rotation on a good note!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Well done you! I have put the music aside for tomorrow as I'm relatively ill at the moment so will need a lift tomorrow.

Happy Chinese New Year! Gong xi fa cai!

Kim said...

Thanks Chris! Hope you are feeling much better now and that my song helped in your recovery in at least a small way.