Sunday, September 27, 2015

Wedding bells (part 7) / Musical journey (62)

In this last entry in the wedding series (1 2 3 4 5 6 7) which is also this month's musical post, I present the song I wrote specially for Ision and our special day. It was my first attempt at jazz so please be kind! I have included both the live version and the home-recorded version. I personally quite like the piece and how well I’ve tackled it that afternoon. How about you?


[Sure Thing]

You stole my heart and I fell so hard
In love we've braved sun and rain, sand and mud
I got so sick and tired of the wrong ones
Thank God you came and two became one

There in your arms, it's so warm and so calm
I never ever wanna be apart

Do you know it's your eyes
Brighter than the stars they shine
That led me to you
I'm so glad that now you're all mine

When you put on that smile
I know it's gonna be all right
I'll keep you close
Not gonna let you out of my sight

How can this be?
Is this really happening?
I love you, that's a sure thing

We play using silly words
That give more than just comfort
They are why we have grown
So fond of each other

In our one-room heaven
Dreams are made, never broken
Where on earth have you been all my life, oh my dear?

I take your hand and call you my man
Now you've got a soulmate
And I've got a best friend


Live version:



Home-recorded version:




This post concludes the wedding series. Although this whole event burnt a small hole in my pocket, I still find it totally worthwhile. How often do you get the chance to catch up with all your closest friends and family under one roof? The reception was especially sweet because I expressed my deep love for Ision in front of everyone I care about. To get their blessing was just the icing on the cake! I hope you have enjoyed this series. I know I will revisit these posts often for many years to come.

2 comments:

Chris said...

This part of the series is really lovely, as must as the rest. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Kim said...

Thanks Chris. Like they say, your wedding day is one of the most important in your life. I am glad we got to do it our way and then post it for all to see.